Hello family and friends,
I am now in the process of catching up with my blog posts.. so please bare with me as I recount the past few weeks. During one of our weeks in Jaipur I was lucky enough to attend a wedding of one of my family members (my Indian host family). This was a fun event, but it really meant a lot to me because of the preparations I experienced with my host sister and mother. My host sister gave me one of her saris and jewelry to borrow for the event. While she was getting ready, my host mother (more like a grandmother to me) called me over to her and proceeded to wrap me up in the sari. This may seem like a typical scene in an indian household, but it meant a lot to me that my family was taking so much care in preparing me for the wedding. It really made me feel like a part of the family.
So, with that being said.. here are some of my favorite pictures of my Indian family.
I am now in the process of catching up with my blog posts.. so please bare with me as I recount the past few weeks. During one of our weeks in Jaipur I was lucky enough to attend a wedding of one of my family members (my Indian host family). This was a fun event, but it really meant a lot to me because of the preparations I experienced with my host sister and mother. My host sister gave me one of her saris and jewelry to borrow for the event. While she was getting ready, my host mother (more like a grandmother to me) called me over to her and proceeded to wrap me up in the sari. This may seem like a typical scene in an indian household, but it meant a lot to me that my family was taking so much care in preparing me for the wedding. It really made me feel like a part of the family.
So, with that being said.. here are some of my favorite pictures of my Indian family.
| My host sister, Shree, and I at the wedding. (In the women's section) |
| My grandmother on the far right, and her two sisters to her left. |
| A good portion of the women in my Rajput family in their traditional clothing. |
| My grandmother and I. :) |
| Shree ji and Momi ji in our living room. |
No comments:
Post a Comment