Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Settling in Jaipur

Namaste Everyone!

Sorry I have not been in contact much, my internet access has been very limited. The SIT program is keeping us very busy! I am in class the majority of the day, and then I spend time with my host family, have dinner with them, and do my homework before I go to bed! Orientation is done and now we are quickly getting into our classes, including Hindi, which is very demanding. :) The good news is every time we use Hindi people they love it. Whether is is my host-grandma, vendors on the street, or taxi drivers, their reactions to Hindi are very encouraging and motivating.

I will give small updates here and there. For now, I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy!

Flower from the garlands SIT gave each of us during the welcoming ceremony at the School Center

Kits stuck in a tree from a recent festival as we hike up a mountain to visit a palace in Jaipur


Goats on our way to the Palace!

Beautiful paintings on the Palace.

The sun setting over Jaipur


No comments:

Post a Comment